CLASSES LAST 40 MINUTES
Pre School Gymnastics classes are fun, structured and lead to school-age General Gymnastics classes
Structured classes for toddlers to develop their physical and social skills in a
safe and fun environment
Pre School Gymnastics
Crazy Caterpillars classes are for children from walking to 3 years old. In these classes’ children, along with accompanying adults, explore the world of gymnastics through climbing and exploration based set-ups.
Groovy Grasshoppers classes are for children aged 3 and 4 years old. These classes are aimed at developing children’s independence and social skills along with teaching the basics of gymnastics. Accompanying adults are in the room throughout this class, however, children are encouraged to work more independently and follow the coach’s instructions.
In both Caterpillars and Grasshoppers classes children will explore floor-based circuits, as well as the wide range of gymnastics equipment available to us here at Leeds Gymnastics Club. This includes equipment such as bars, beams, rings and trampolines. Throughout the term, gymnasts will rotate around this equipment to ensure a wide variety of experiences are available to aid your little gymnast’s learning.
In addition to this, all children in our pre-school classes will be given the opportunity to work towards British Gymnastics FUNdamentals badges. These badges are designed by British Gymnastics to enable children to begin their gymnastics journey through exploration and play centred around different themes.
For your safety what to expect when you visit us
We have introduced several new procedures to make our sessions COVID-secure, and ensure that our gymnasts and staff remain safe at all times:
- All pre-school children MUST have an adult in attendance with them, this is to aid the coach in teaching as well as to ensure social distancing is followed throughout the class.
- On arrival, every gymnast (and accompanying adult) will have their temperature checked and will sanitise their hands
- All adults in attendance must wear a face mask in the building.
- We are now working with all classes broken down into small ‘subgroups’, and areas of the gym divided up to allow for constant social distancing between all gymnasts and coaches; it is critical that you remain in the space allocated for your subgroup and respect social distancing within your group.
- Every gymnast (and accompanying adult) will have an individual area for their belongings during their session, this will also be where adults can sit during Grasshoppers classes.
- Equipment and areas of the gym in use will be cleaned after every class
Bear in mind – all classes are listed and you may have to scroll through to find what you are looking for.
“My son has been going to LGC pre-school classes for the last 18 months and he absolutely loves it. This last term has been particularly excellent and the structure of the lessons are great. He has learnt lots in terms of technique and mostly confidence. He has loved his Star of the Session awards which have really motivated him. The teaching standard is excellent.”
“My daughter loves coming here in the pre school class. She is never going to be an amazing gymnast, however I wanted her to become more confident moving on equipment and try something new.
She has come on so so much, she couldn’t hold her body weight on the rings for a millisecond when she started and today I watched her hold it for 5 seconds! She is jumping confidently in the foam pit- again something she wouldn’t dare go into and walking along the beam! The coaches are brilliant with the children, they take time to help and support them and know their strengths and weaknesses to support them on certain pieces of equipment. We watched the session today and was lovely to see what they do and how well the children listen and know the routines too.
“My daughter (she is 4 in Dec) went first time yesterday and loved every minute. The coaches are excellent. Structured and caring”
K. J. Jazawonki
“The coaches and facilities are top notch. My son has been coming since he was 18months old. He’s 5 now and loves every minute of it.”
0113 265 66 62
Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
We are not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club or Leeds Rebound Gymnastics Club ( in association with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club).