Dear Parents and Guardians
We hope you are all keeping well and safe during this ever-changing situation.
When we closed the gym on the 20 March 2020, we had just over a week for staff to prepare a homework programme for squads and create twelve weeks’ worth of videos and online content for our Gymnastics for All (GFA) programmes. All the programmes and the online content was provided free of charge, as we wanted to help all our members in an unprecedented world crisis. The focus of these programmes was to keep all our gymnasts fit and healthy during lockdown and to maintain conditioning, which is such a key part of gymnastic training. Recently we launched a virtual badge scheme for our GFA and pre-school members and these are being well received by many of our members. We hope you have been enjoying the LGC TV and our Instagram and Facebook pages.
From 1 April, the majority of our staff were furloughed and unable to do any more work (even in a voluntary capacity). The Board of Directors asked all customers to pay their April invoices to retain their places at the club and to provide us with more financial security. We were delighted to find that 95% of our customers did pay the April invoice. The financial situation remains very difficult and to date, we have no indication of when we can re-open. The Government policy has changed on furloughing of staff from the 1 July 2020 and this will allow us the flexibility to bring staff off furlough for a limited period each week.
As we move towards welcoming you back to the gym the emphasis is switching so that gymnasts can re-engage with their coaches and we are offering weekly zooms sessions around the time their class would normally be held.
- KS1 classes will be scheduled every evening plus Saturday mornings
- KS2 will have the availability of four classes per week and other classes for different GFA groups ie General Gym KS1 class.
We are aware that some gymnasts have lost focus and motivation but by engaging with their classmates and coach, we hope this will give them the “boost” to get back to their gymnastics. Our aim is to get all gymnasts in the best possible physical and mental shape, so when we are back in the classes, they can get back to what they love doing very quickly. The online sessions will be fun and no equipment is required.
The price for one weekly zoom session will be £20 for a month’s subscription. We do feel that these classes will be very beneficial for all our gymnasts, particularly in helping with the transition back into face to face classes in the gym. We want to make it clear that if you do not wish to sign up for the live sessions, your child’s place in their class is not in jeopardy and we look forward to welcoming you back when we re-open.
We have invested in a new admin system and the zoom classes can be booked and paid for on-line via our website. All classes we will be running will be shown on the system. Once payment is received your zoom log in details will be emailed out to you. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to take payment by direct debit due to the level of additional administrative work involved.
Zoom sessions will start week commencing Monday 6 July 2020 and will continue until further notice. We are looking to enhance the programme with pre-school classes and possibly holiday camp sessions.
The online safety of our gymnasts is a top priority and risk assessments, coaches’ protocol and parent’s terms and conditions have been prepared and all parents will need to agree and consent to these terms. These protocols are to protect the gymnast, families and our coaches and are very important. Anyone not adhering to the terms will be removed from their classes.
We hope you feel that this is a positive enhancement of our commitment to our customers. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following protocol by LGC sets out the requirements for use of Zoom for home gymnastics workouts and to keep your child safe and protected at all times. The following protocol must be adhered to at all times.
Prior to the Zoom workout/ meeting:
- You do not need to download the Zoom App if you do not want to as you can click on the link provided and it will take you to the meeting direct
- If you have the Zoom app on your phone or personal device it must be signed up using your email address NOT your Facebook Account
- Tips on how to use Zoom can be found below
- If you already have the Zoom app but signed up via Facebook account then you will need to cancel your account and uninstall the app and then reinstall it and sign-up again. If your child has Zoom on their own personal device then you will need to check this and follow the same protocol as above.
- The chat setting in Zoom allows participants to chat to each other. This is not allowed, so open the App and go to settings. In the chat settings scroll down to ‘disable when in meeting’ ensure this is turned on to blue.
- On settings, click your basic settings at the top. Ensure your Display Name is the name you have provided for the attendee list. This will ensure that you are accepted into the meeting by the host/ instructor. In the same basic settings make sure your ‘Personal Note’ is blank, as is your ‘Department’, ‘Job Title’ and ‘Location’.
- Check the workout are – It is parent’s responsibility to check the workout area for safety. Ensure the area that your child is going to take part is flat and clear, that there are no trip hazards or sharp corners of furniture. A minimum of 2 metres by 2 metres space is required per person.
- Personal Information -Make sure the background area that your child will be exercising in contains no information that could identify your address or any personal data.
- Attire -Participants and any family members appearing in the workout must be suitably clothed. Gymnasts must be barefoot or wearing sports trainers, be wearing a leotard with shorts/leggings over the top, hair tied back, all jewellery removed. Crop tops are NOT allowed unless a t-shirt or vest top is worn over the top.
- Drink and Snacks -Participants will require a water bottle so that they can have a drink of water throughout the workout. No snack/ food is required.
- Siblings and Pets -To ensure your child has an effective and productive workout it is advisable that siblings do not join in and that pets are kept away from the workout area.
- An adult/ parent must be present in the workout area at all times to monitor the participant. This is safeguarding policy. If the adult has to leave the area for some reason, then they must end the meeting on their device.
- Ensure that you have medical supplies in case of an accident or injury. This includes ice or cold compress, bandage, and plasters/dressing. If a child sustains an injury such as a suspected strain, sprain or break during the workout then stop immediately and apply the principle of RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) and seek medical attention from a specialist if you believe they need further treatment. Please ensure that you inform the coach so any injury sustained can be reported and risk assessed for future.
The host/ instructor will do a quick scan of the videos at the start of the meeting to check that the above are being adhered to for safety purposes and will advise individual participants if anything needs changing before the workout can start.
- If your child has a medical condition, disability or injury this should have been declared on the booking form. The coach will advise on any adaptations that need to be made to the workout.
- If your child requires an inhaler or administration of any medicine then please ensure it is available to them/ at hand during the workout if required.
Joining the Zoom Workout/ Meeting
- The invite to the meeting will be emailed out by noon on the day of the class. Each workout will have a minimum of 4 and max of 25 participants. Each workout the coaching team will introduce themselves – there which will always be a Level 2 coach from our company who is employed and DBS checked by us, plus another adult acting as a chaperone. This may be a second coach or other staff member.
- 10 minutes after the start of the class the host/ instructor will lock the meeting so that no other participants can join.
- Under no circumstances are parents/ participants allowed to share or forward the Meeting ID link or number to any other people. If somebody is struggling with the link then they can email the club and they will try and assist them
During the Workout
- Participants and parents must not record or take photos/ screenshots of any of the workout of any device.
- Participants are not allowed to use the Chat feature during any part of the workout to communicate to the host or any other participant. Participants are not allowed to use the Screen Sharing feature during any part of the workout
- Parents can positively encourage their child but not take on the role of ‘coach’ and give any pointers, advice, unhelpful comments, or physical support. The exception is if there is an immediate threat to safety.
- Once the workout is started participants are to switch their microphone feature to mute so that nobody else on the workout can hear any background noise, talking or sounds. To do this just click on your image on the screen and some icons will appear at the bottom. Then press the microphone icon and it will switch off (a red line will appear through it). If there is something you need to urgently communicate to the host/ coach then you can turn your microphone feature back on by pressing it again.
- Thumbs up or thumbs down can be used by participants to give feedback to the host/ instructor once the workout has started – if they ask you if you understand/ are ready to start/ are okay. But these are the only hand gestures allowed.
If it is discovered that any of the above rules are deliberately broken or not being adhered to then you will be barred from taking part in future Zoom workouts/ meetings.
Terms and conditions Leeds Gymnastics Club CIC – Online Classes
If a class does not happen for any reason caused by LGC then we will arrange another class at no extra cost.
All classes are non-refundable. Any failure to attend a live session including for reasons such as loss of internet or failure of IT equipment will not mean a refund is payable.
No improper language or distasteful communication, posts, comments, chats or any like behavior will be tolerated. Any improper use of the video chats or video messaging will not be tolerated.
LGC reserves the rights at its own discretion to terminate any live class member at any time for any reason without a refund
Class content is for personal use only, and may not be sold, tape recorded, videotaped, shared, taught, given away, or otherwise divulged without the express written consent of LGC.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in these classes and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
Squads are to contact email@example.com or their personal coaches for direct links to their class bookings.
0113 265 66 62
Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
We are not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club or Leeds Rebound Gymnastics Club ( in association with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club).